Nationalpark Bike-Marathon Etappe 1: Scuol – Tschierv [SchweizMobil-Nr. 444]
Show all 8 images
First stage of the National Park Bike Marathon through the wild Val S-charl over the Pass da Costainas to Lü and Tschierv in Val Müstair.
The tour starts in Scuol and leads through the old part of the village over the Gurlaina bridge in the direction of San Jon/S-charl. On forest paths, it goes past sparse forests, rocks and the Clemgia River, further and further into the valley. The river forms the border to the adjacent national park. Here it can happen that chamois, deer or other inhabitants of the Swiss National Park find their way to Val S-charl in search of food. Once you arrive in the former mining village, the two inns invite you to take a short break before continuing with a steady but slight incline for about 7 km to Alp Astras. Once there, the route of tour no. 444 continues over the Pass da Costainas to Lü - first on trails up to the pass and then mostly on fort paths to the small village in the Münstertal. Now all that's missing is the descent down to Tschierv and the stage destination is reached.
On high-altitude sections, snowfields are possible until the summer months.
The tour was evaluated in favorable weather conditions, the current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be observed before the start of the tour. This tour does not place any special demands on driving safety and driving skills.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain Rescue REGA
112 International Emergency Call
Be considerate when crossing and overtaking hikers. Most of the Graubünden mountain bike routes run on single trails, which are also signposted as hiking trails. Hikers always have the right of way.
Helmet, gloves, good footwear, glasses, rain and sun protection, water bottle, repair kit, bandages
Scuol – San Jon – S-charl – Alp Astras – Pass da Costainas – Lü – Tschierv
- By Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) every hour to Scuol-Tarasp
- By PostBus (from Martina, Sent, Ftan or Tarasp) every hour to Scuol-Tarasp train station
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
Scuol is located directly on the Engadine road H27 (20 minutes drive from Vereina South Portal)
- Paid parking at the train station and at the mountain barges in Scuol.
- Free parking in Porta and Punt (Scuol Sot).
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.