Trai(l)s Vals – Stage 3: Scuol – Val Müstair
While at the beginning it goes almost exclusively on forest roads from Scuol to S-charl and on to Alp Astras, the adventurous part of the tour follows immediately afterwards: the first ascent with a short carrying passage to Fuorcla Funtana da S-charl. Once on the plateau, it feels as if time has stood still. The view sweeps from the meandering Val S-charl over the hilltop over to Val Müstair. Here you take the turn-off to the right in the direction of the Ofen Pass through the Valbella - a trail that is still considered an insider tip for advanced hikers. In the sloping and exposed terrain, it is important to maintain concentration - which is not so easy with the wild trails and this view! The trail continues to the Ofen Pass. From the top of the pass, a flowing trail follows through the green forests of Val Müstairs with a constant view over the valley. Past the Lai da Juata to Alp Champatsch with the mountain restaurant la Posa. Perfect for a short stop to refresh yourself before continuing back into the wooded part of the area on rooty trails to Lü. From Lü it goes alternately on the main road with detours across the forest and along the contour line to Müstair.
The first section from Scuol to S-charl can also be shortened by PostBus.
On high-altitude sections, snowfields are possible until the summer months.
The tour was evaluated in favorable weather conditions, the current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be observed before the start of the tour. This tour does not place any special demands on driving safety and driving skills.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain Rescue REGA
112 International Emergency Call
Be considerate when crossing and overtaking hikers. Most of the Graubünden mountain bike routes run on single trails, which are also signposted as hiking trails. Hikers always have the right of way.
Helmet, gloves, good footwear, glasses, rain and sun protection, water bottle, repair kit, bandages
Scuol – S-charl – Alp Astras – Fuorcla Funtana da S-charl – Alp da Munt – Lai da Juata – Alp Champatsch – Lü/Lüsai – Chomps da Val Paschun – Craistas – Müstair
- By Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) every hour to Scuol-Tarasp
- By PostBus (from Martina, Sent, Ftan or Tarasp) every hour to Scuol-Tarasp train station
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
Scuol is located directly on the Engadine road H27 (20 minutes drive from Vereina South Portal)
- Paid parking at the train station and at the mountain barges in Scuol.
- Free parking in Porta and Punt (Scuol Sot).
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.