Military History Trail "Scorluzzo"
Show all 8 images
Italian mountain soldiers occupied Monte Scorluzzo (3094) in May 1915. Already in July, this excellent viewing platform was snatched away from them by Austrian Standschützen. Along the mountain hiking trail from the Stelvio Pass to the summit, we move between numerous and still well-intact systems of positions in their footsteps. The descent to the Filone del Mot is a bit exposed, but very easy to walk on and often a curious herd of ibex blocks the further path. Descriptive picture and text boards convey detailed and background information along the entire route, for which 5-7 hours of walking time (without breaks) are to be expected.
- The official hiking trail leads to the pass road and there is no other way to get back to the post bus stop at the Umbrail Pass or on the Stelvio Pass than along the road.
- The tour can also be started on the Umbrail Pass, where you will then have to climb up the Stelvio/Stelvio Pass.
- The best way to enjoy this hike is with a hiking guide, who can also provide you with a lot of background information about the history. Tel. Information about the guest information Engadin Val Müstair, +41 81 861 88 40
From Filone del Mot to Lago Alto there is sometimes no path and no marking (Italian soil). In case of poor visibility, a very good orientation ability is necessary.
The tour was evaluated in favorable weather conditions, the current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be observed before the start of the tour.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
From the Stelvio Postbus stop, the path leads to the Passo delle Pratigiole
The mountain path continues to the right on the Small and the Large Scorluzzo (3094m)
Descent to the Filone del Mot
Via the Piano di Scorluzzo and past Lago Alto on the Stilfserjochstrasse
After a bit on the Stifserjochstrasse branch off to the Umbrail Pass
- By Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) every hour to Zernez station
- Continue by PostBus (from Zernez or Mals) every hour to PostBus-Halteselle Stilfserjoch/Stelvio
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass to Zernez on H27. From Zernez on the H28 to Val Müstair to Stilfserjoch (50 minutes drive from Vereina Südportal).
- From east and south: via Reschen Pass (Nauders) on the SS40 to Mals. From Mals on the SS41 to the Stelvio Pass
- Free parking on the Umbrail Pass and on the Stelvio/Silfserjoch
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.