Chamanna Cluozza Refuge Trail
Show all 3 images
The hike to Chamanna Cluozza is one of the classics among the tours in the national park. On the way, the highlights are the view down into the Cluozza Gorge, chamois, deer, the panorama and at the destination the Chamanna Cluozza itself. Originally built as a house for the first park ranger, the cabin can now accommodate 63 people. Far away from any human influence, an overnight stay in the magnificent accommodation, which is comparable to a SAC hut in terms of standard, is tempting. Be sure to book early (online at www.cluozza.ch)! A hike to the Chamanna Cluozza can be combined with an ascent of the Piz Quatterval, a tour over the Murtersattel to the Ofenpass road at the Vallun Chafuol/P3 post bus stop or via the Fuorcla Val Sassa to the Val Trupchun (see corresponding routes).
Note: Dogs are not allowed in the Swiss National Park , not even on a leash. For more information on this and all the safeguards, see nationalpark.ch/schutzbestimmungen.
Mountain hike (white-red-white). The well-developed path leads through steep valley flanks that require a head for heights.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Prättigau, Upper and Lower Engadine) hourly to Zernez
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
Zernez is located directly on the Engadine road H27.
- Free parking at the train station, in the village and at the visitor center of the National Park in Zernez.
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.