Piz Umbrail and descent to Lai da Rims
Show all 5 images
In the summer months, a post bus runs from Sta. Maria up to the Umbrail Pass. Shortly below the Astras mountain lodge, the ascent along the border with Italy begins. On the way we pass some relics of the Swiss border fortifications during the First World War. After a scree field, a head for heights is required for a short stretch. From Piz Umbrail there is a magnificent view. Descent past the Lai da Rims (2396 m above sea level) - the mountain lake is an ideal place for a rest. Zigzag steeply down along a stream until you reach the road from Val Mora. At Tschuccai the path branches off. We keep to the right and walk down the Val Vau to Sta. Maria.
#PIZstürmer-Challenge 2021: Become a summiteer again this year. From the beginning of July to mid-October 2021, you will again receive a regional reward when climbing the summit. For more information, see val-muestair.ch/pizstuermer-challenge
The tour was evaluated in favorable weather conditions, the current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be observed before the start of the tour. This hike requires an Elementary Alpine experience, orientation, trekking shoes are recommended.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
From the Umbrail Pass, below the Mountain House Astras, the ascent begins
Follow the path towards Piz Umbrail
Descent past the Lai da Rims
Follow the stream downhill
Last leg on a road
At the junction Tschuccai keep right
The Val Vau to Sta. Walking through Mary
- By Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) every hour to Zernez station
- By PostBus (from Zernez) every hour to the PostBus stop Sta. Maria Val Müstair, posta.
- By PostBus (from Sta. Maria Val Müstair, posta) to the PostBus stop Umbrail, Swiss customs.
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass and the Ofen Pass into Val Müstair to Sta. Maria.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27 to Zernez and then over the Ofenpass into Val Müstair to Sta. Maria.
- From the south: via Reschen Pass (Nauders-Martina) to Val Müstair to Sta. Maria
By Sta. Maria can be reached by PostBus (PostBus line 90.821 Tirano–Bormio–Stelvio–Sta. Maria Val Müstair–Müstair) on the Umbrail Pass
- Free parking in Sta. Maria opposite the school building
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.