Running in the great outdoors is more fun with the right equipment. This equipment list is to be understood as a recommendation. Every trail runner is responsible for his/her own running.
Recommended equipment for trail running in alpine terrain
- Trail Running Shoes
- possibly gauntlets/gaitors, depending on terrain/weather conditions
- Running backpack with enough space for extra clothes and drink/food
- Running clothes long and short adapted to the current weather conditions and temperature - Attention: in the alpine area the weather can change very quickly, always have enough spare clothes with you!
- Light fleece pullover or thicker thermal shirt as a mid-layer
- wind- and water-repellent running jacket
- Possibly thin overpants
- Headband or TurtleNeck, thin gloves
- Drinking flasks or Camelbag with 1 l drink
- energy-rich snacks
- Running hat/cap and sunscreen
- possibly walking sticks
- Mobile phone (Attention: not everywhere network reception!
- Cash for possible public transport use and refreshments en route
- Emergency blanket and small first-aid kit