S-charl – Cruschetta – Müstair
The starting point of the hike alone, S-charl, is definitely recommendable. From the traffic-free hamlet, the trail initially follows the Clemgia mountain stream further into the Val S-charl. After a good three kilometers the path branches off to the left over the Clemgia into the Val Plazer. Through sparse Swiss stone pine forests, the path now climbs somewhat faster to Alp Plazer. Following the water course, you finally reach the Cruschetta crossing and thus also cross the border to Italy. On the left side rises the Piz Sesvenna, with 3204 m above sea level the highest peak on Scuoler ground and at the same time also the border between Italy and Switzerland. The path now descends in a steady gradient to the Mitteralm. From there you follow the alpine road on the right side of the Valgarola stream and the footpath through the Val d'Avigna. At the end of the valley, the road branches off over the stream in the direction of Taufers (post bus connection to the Ofenpass line). To reach Müstair, follow the edge of the forest on the right and soon, after crossing the border again, you will see Müstair with the monastery of St. Johann, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site thanks to its unique fresco paintings. From the PostBus stops at the monastery and in the village center of Müstair, you can connect to the Ofenpass line to Zernez and finally return to the starting point in Scuol.
144 Emergency, First Aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Follow the mountain river in southern direction
After approx. 3km turn left into the valley Val Plazer
Follow the river until the Chruschetta crossing
Follow the trail to the Mitteralm
Continue on the alpine road and footpath along the Valgarola river
At the end of the valley follow the forest edge to the right until Müstair
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) hourly to Scuol-Tarasp station.
- With the PostBus (from Martina, Sent, Ftan or Tarasp) hourly to the station Scuol-Tarasp
- Continue by PostBus with hourly connection to the PostBus stop S-charl
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela pass to Scuol. The summer village S-charl can be reached from Scuol in about 25 minutes.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of Scuol and then also turn into the side valley Val S-charl.
Due to the partly narrow road conditions we recommend the journey from Scuol to S-charl with the PostBus
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.