Sta. Maria Posta - Müstair Somvih
A pleasant, sunny walk over mainly open terrain from Sta. Maria to Müstair.
PostBus stop Sta. Maria Val Müstair, posta
PostBus stop Müstair, Somvih
This winter panorama trail leads from Sta. Maria (1,342 m above sea level) to Müstair (1,247 m above sea level). After a first slight incline, the path goes almost flat always on the sunny side of the valley along the edge of the forest and slightly downhill towards the end. It is a leisurely hike that can also be done well with children.
Before setting off, you can visit the Manufactura Tessanda hand-weaving workshop in Sta. Maria, and the UNESCO World Heritage monastery of St. Johann awaits you in Müstair.
The trail is groomed after each snowfall. Please refer to the condition reports in the winter sports report. The tour was evaluated in favorable weather conditions, current snow and weather conditions must be noted before starting.
144 emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
High and solid hiking boots or winter boots, warm clothes, sun protection, walking sticks.
From the PostBus stop to the northern exit of the villageOn a light incline to the turnoff to MüstairOn the sunny slope follow the path to Müstair
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) hourly to Zernez station.
- Continue by PostBus (from Zernez or Mals) hourly to PostBus stop Sta. Maria Val Müstair, posta
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela pass to Zernez on the H27.
- From Zernez on the H28 into Val Müstair to Sta. Maria (35 minutes drive from Vereina south portal).From the east: via Reschenpass (Nauders) on SS40 to Mals. From Mals on the SS41 to the Swiss border to Müstair.
- From Müstair on the H28 to Sta. Maria.From the south: Via Bolzano and Merano on the SS40 to Malles. From Mals on the SS41 to the Swiss border to Müstair. From Müstair on the H28 to Sta. Maria.
Free parking opposite the village church in Sta. Maria.
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.