Lü – S-charl
Show all 9 images
Hike from Lü in Val Müstair to the highest Swiss stone pine forest in Europe «God da Tamangur» and on to S-charl.
Transfer by PostBus to Lü. From Lü it goes slightly uphill over the forest road to Alp Champatsch. Then comes a short, steep passage to the Pass da Costainas, the highest point of this hike. Through the high valley, the hiking trail leads to Alp Astras (hosted in summer). In slight ups and downs we continue on the right side of the valley through the highest pine forest in Europe, the God da Tamangur. From point 2018, the forest road goes slightly downhill to S-charl, the end point of the hike. This last stretch is recommended to walk along the path along the Clemgia. The PostBus takes you from S-charl to Scuol-Tarasp.
In addition to the numerous restaurants (Alp Champatsch, Alp Astras, restaurants in S-charl), a visit to the mining and bear museum at the lower end of the village of S-charl is worthwhile. The WWF bear adventure trail "Senda da l'Uors" between the museum "Schmelzra" and the PostBus stop "S-charl, Ravitschana" offers families a successful end to the day.
The tour was evaluated in favorable weather conditions, the current weather conditions and weather forecasts must be observed before the tour starts. This hike does not require any Alpine experience.
Hiking boots are recommended.
144 Emergency, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency
Good footwear, rain and sun protection, water bottle, bandages.
Start at the PostBus stop Lü, cumün
Follow the path to Alp Champatsch Ascent to Pass Costainas
the high valley to Alp Astras On the right side of the valley through the forest path to point 2018
the forest road to S-charl
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or Upper Engadine) every hour to Zernez
- By PostBus from Zernez to the PostBus stop Fuldera, cumün
- Continue by PostBus from Fuldera, cumün to the PostBus stop Lü, cumün
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass to Zernez on H27. From Zernez on the H28 to Val Müstair to Fuldera (40 minutes drive from Vereina south portal)
- From the east: via Reschen Pass (Nauders) on the SS40 to Mals. From Mals on the SS41 to the Swiss border to Müstair. From Müstair on the H28 to Fuldera.
- From the south: Via Bolzano and Merano on the SS40 to Mals. From Mals on the SS41 to the Swiss border to Müstair. From Müstair on the H28 to Fuldera.
Lü is located above Fuldera and can be reached via a side road in 10 minutes by car.
- Free parking at the entrance to the village of Lü
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.