Fuorcla Trupchun : To the border and beyond
Show all 4 images
This hike leads to the pass between Piz Trupchun and Piz Saliente, at the back of the Val Trupchun on the border with Italy. In the upper part of the steep tour, surefootedness is required. In cloudy weather, ibexes can already be observed on the valley floor. In warm summer weather, rather on the rocky ridges around the Fuorcla. On the one hand, the tour invites you to extend the easy hike to Alp Trupchun, but on the other hand, it also offers the possibility of a pass hike from S-chanf to Livigno (continuing hiking trail on the Italian side through the steep Valle del Saliente, hiking time: 2:30h). From Livigno there is a bus connection with Silvestri Bus (Swiss tickets are valid) to Zernez and Pontresina.
Hint: Dogs are not allowed in the Swiss National Park , not even on a leash. For more information on this and all the safeguards, see nationalpark.ch/schutzbestimmungen.
Steep and strenuous, slippery debris in the upper part, surefootedness required.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Prättigau, Upper and Lower Engadine) hourly to S-chanf By bus (Engadin Bus line 7) from the stop S-chanf,
- Chesa Cumünela (or directly from the train stations in Zuoz and Zernez) to the stop S-chanf, Parc Naziunal (at the Prasüras car park)
- With the "Express Parc Naziunel" directly from the station S-chanf to the park hut Varusch (at the park border in Val Trupchun), timetable see http://alpintrans.ch/
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass into the Lower Engadine on H27
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27
- From the south: via Reschenpass (Nauders-Martina) or Ofenpass (Val Müstair-Zernez) on H27
S-chanf is located on the Engadine road H27. From the village follow the signalization "Parc Naziunel".
- Paid parking in the Prasüras area at the entrance to Val Trupchun.
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.