Museum Sta Maria Val Müstair
Muglin (mill) Mall
In the village street Paclera, along the mountain stream Muranzina, there used to be the handicraft businesses that depended on the use of water power: the mills, stamp mills, saws and forges.
In 1676 the municipality of Sta. Maria granted the miller Jakob Cott the water right for the first time. The mill wheel turned until a few decades ago. Then the wheels were removed and the water channels were filled in. The mill was left to its own devices.
Thanks to many donations and contributions, the foundation and the association, also with the help of many volunteers, were able to restore the mill to its original condition.
Since 2004 the wheels are turning again, the mill lives on.
Opening hours, prices and all further information:
The Mall mill remains closed from mid-October to mid-May.
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or Upper Engadin) hourly to Zernez.
- By PostBus from Zernez to the PostBus stop Sta. Maria, Posta
- From the north: via Landquart - Klosters by car transport through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains). From Zernez on the H28 into Val Müstair as far as Sta. Maria ( 45 minutes drive from Vereina south portal).
- From the east: via Reschenpass (Nauders) on the SS40 to Mals. From Mals on the SS41 to the Swiss border to Sta. Maria
- From the south: via Bolzano and Merano on the SS40 to Malles. From Mals on the SS41 to the Swiss border to Sta. Maria.
Parking available near the mill (approx. 250m)
Responsible for this content Tourismus Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.