Circular hike Aual Claif
As part of the overall agricultural melioration, a network with modern irrigation systems was installed in the Val Müstair and the Auals visibly lost their importance. With the abandonment of the Auals, the old crafts and knowledge were also forgotten. Today, the value and functions of the Auals are mainly of a cultural-historical nature. But biodiversity also benefits from the still water-bearing Auals. Thanks to an initiative of the Swiss Landscape Conservation Foundation, the municipality of Val Müstair and the nature park, selected Auals have been restored for several years and the remains of former Auals have been made visible again in the terrain.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
- By Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) hourly to Zernez station.
- Continue by PostBus (from Zernez or Mals) hourly to PostBus stop Sta. Maria, cumün
- Von Norden: über Landquart – Klosters per Autoverlad durch den Vereinatunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains). Von Zernez auf der H28 ins Val Müstair bis nach Sta. Maria (40 Minuten Fahrtzeit ab Vereina Südportal).
- Von Osten: via Reschenpass (Nauders) auf der SS40 bis nach Mals. Von Mals auf der SS41 bis an die Schweizer Grenze nach Sta. Maria.
- From the south: Via Bolzano and Merano on the SS40 to Malles. From Mals on the SS41 to the Swiss border in Sta. Maria.
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.