From S-charl to the Ofen Pass
Show all 5 images
Hike from the mountain village of S-charl through the highest Swiss stone pine forest in Europe to the Ofen Pass.
PostBus stop S-charl
PostBus stop Süsom Givè (pass summit)
The tour starts in the mountain village of S-charl. The hike leads to Tamangur and runs through the beautiful and highest stone pine forest in Europe - God da Tamangur. The path has a pleasant incline. In the course of the hike you pass two beautiful and old alps where the cows of Scuol enjoy the summer. As soon as you reach Alp Astras, follow the signposts to "Süsom Givè". Shortly after the signpost, the trail becomes somewhat steeper until you reach the high point of the tour. From up there you have a wonderful view of the Val Tamangur, the Piz Amalia and the highest mountain in the municipality of Scuol, the Piz Sesvenna. From now on, the path leads downwards. The destination, Süsom Givè, is soon reached.
With its charm, S-charl invites you to take a short stroll through the village.
The tour was assessed in favourable weather conditions, it is imperative that the current weather conditions and weather forecasts are observed before starting the tour.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Good shoes, clothes suitable for the weather, sticks if necessary
- From S-charl follow the stream to the south and march into the valley
- Follow the alpine road until you cross the stream
- Turn left towards Tamangur
- Follow the path to Alp Astras
- Behind Alp Astras steep ascent
- Follow the high valley to Fontana da S-charlFollow signpost Süsom Givè (descent)
- Follow the path to the top of the pass
- By Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Upper Engadine) hourly to Scuol-Tarasp station
- By PostBus (from Martina, Sent, Ftan or Tarasp) hourly service to Scuol-Tarasp station
- Continue by PostBus with hourly connection to the PostBus stop S-charl
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car transport through the Vereina Tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or via the Flüela Pass to Scuol and then into a side valley of the Lower Engadine. The summer village of S-charl can be reached from Scuol in around 25 minutes
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of Scuol and then also turn into the side valley Val S-charl
- From the south: via Reschenpass, Nauders and then in the direction of St. Moritz through the Lower Engadin to Scuol, from there turn into a side valley
Due to the sometimes narrow road conditions, we recommend arriving by post bus.
- Paid parking is available at the entrance to the village
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.