Bocchetta di Forcula – Bocchetta di Pedenolo - Val Mora: Singletrailgarantie und Spuren des 1. Weltkrieges
From the Umbrail Pass (2501 m above sea level.M) you can reach the Bocchetta di Forcula at 2768 m above sea level on a well.M route, where you can marvel at old military installations from the First World War. After a short downhill, the ascent to the Bocchetta di Pedenolo (2704 m above sea level.M) is worthwhile and then tackles the descent to Lago di Cancano on the flowing single trail. Along the lakes Lago di Cancano and Lago di San Giacomo di Fraéle you drive on a wide gravel road in the middle of the alpine landscape to the Passo di Fraéle and then reach the Passo Val Mora (1934 m above.M sea level), the portal to Switzerland.
To Palüetta (2009 m above sea.M level) you drive on a well-navigable single trail and then reach a forest road, which leads through the picturesque Val Mora up to Döss Radond at 2234 m above.M sea level. The scenic beauty of Val Mora makes this long, but not steep, climb a pleasure.
From Döss Radond some exciting and secret single trails lead right next to the forest road back to Sta. Maria.
Alternatively, the tour can be organized by very strong bikers as a round trip from Sta. Maria.
This tour requires a high degree of driving safety, balance and technical skills.
144 Emergency call, first aid
1414 Mountain Rescue REGA
112 International emergency call
Be considerate when crossing and overtaking hikers.
The Grisons mountain bike routes run to a large extent on single trails, which are also signposted as hiking trails. Hikers always have priority.
- With the Rhaetian Railway (from Chur, Landquart/Prättigau or from the Engadine) hourly to Zernez.
- By PostBus (from Zernez and Mals) every hour to the PostBus stop Sta. Maria Posta.
- Continue by PostBus (from Sta. Maria Val Müstair, posta) to the Umbrailpass stop.
- PostBus departure times: 4 July – 13 Sept (daily); 16 Sept – 11 Oct (Saturdays and Sundays only)
- Mandatory seat reservation by 7.00 p.m. the evening before at the latest. The reservation is free of charge. There are no additional courses between Stelvio and Tirano
- Mandatory reservation by phone at +41 81 858 51 66.
- From the north: via Landquart – Klosters by car through the Vereina tunnel (Selfranga - Sagliains) or over the Flüela Pass and the Ofen Pass into Val Müstair to Sta. Maria.
- From the east: via Landeck / Austria in the direction of St. Moritz on H27 to Zernez and then over the Ofenpass into Val Müstair to Sta. Maria.
- From the south: via Reschen Pass (Nauders-Martina) to Val Müstair to Sta. Maria
By Sta. Maria can be reached by PostBus (PostBus line 90.821 Tirano–Bormio–Stelvio–Sta. Maria Val Müstair–Müstair) on the Umbrail Pass.
- Free parking in Sta. Maria opposite the school building.
Responsible for this content Tourism Engadin Scuol Samnaun Val Müstair AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.